- New lighting render has been added;
- Physics have been improved;
- Planned changes in ground forces matching, battle ratings and progression rate;
- Squad streaks;
- Ground forces maps improvements;
- Bugfixes and massive corrections to performance figures of ground forces;
- Multiple aircraft flight models have been updated;
- Fixed AI tank behaviour during collisions. Now they will have the same collision mechanics as player-controlled vehicles;
- Added base visibility check when viewed through trees – at the moment it is only enabled for the armour penetration indicator in AB;
- Fixed a bug causing players to be unable to douse fire whilst in water.
- Added repair and rearming of ground vehicles at capture points;
- Added influence of tank crew on detection. A non trained crew will be able to locate targets up to 1km away, fully trained to up to 1.5km; direction of detection as follows: commander – towards camera direction, aimer – towards barrel direction, driver and radio operator – towards tank movement direction;
- AI aircraft take off behaviour has been improved;
- Improved tank physics on the ground, especially when crossing trenches;
- Ground forces visibility check has been improved;
- Fixed errors in Mouse Aim mode;
Graphics and Models
- Improved rendering. Diffused lighting added; this will improve objects and landscape visibility in deep shadows, particularly in dusk and dawn time.
- Fixed an issue causing anti-air vehicles’ barrels to get stuck in rare cases;
- Added penetration visualisation on flexible parts of ground vehicles and aircraft;
- Collimator sight brightness now depends on the time of the day;
- Visuals of the VOF-530 (KV-2) HE shell hits improved.
Economy and Progression ( Not implemented yet! )
- Reduced the amount of RP rewarded for tank battles to better match the air vehicles progression speed;
- All ground vehicles’ Battle Ratings have been adjusted to better match aircraft BRs and reduce the waiting times (full list of changes);
- Maximum gap between the lowest and the highest ranked vehicles in a battle set to 1.0 BR; now the rule of maximum 1.0 BR spread applies to all modes;
- Aircraft economy and Battle Ratings adjustments (full list of changes).
- Added visual warning about incoming artillery attack;
- Added ground vehicles’ symbols for the web map;
- It is now possible to share the following events on Facebook:
- Vehicle purchases;
- Researching of all modifications for a vehicle;
- Added localization for French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish. It’s selected automatically based on Language setting in System Software.
- Vehicle purchases are now shared to “Recent Activities” feed.
Damage Model Changes
- Many small errors fixed in ground vehicles damage models (missing support rollers, reserve tracks, external shields);
- Extra normalization added when the shell calibre exceeds armour thickness. Maximum additional angle of the normalization is 6 degrees if shell calibre exceeds armour thickness by three times.
- F2A-3, G. 50 serie 7AS, Spitfire Mk Vb and F. Mk IX, G4M1, Blenheim Mk IV, B-17 series, Ki-49, Ju-87 – preliminary tuned.
- I-16 type 27 and 28, F8F-1b flight models updated to better meet historical data;
- Drag coefficient reconsidered for 500kg and bigger bombs (reduced) and Br. 21 rockets (slightly increased);
- Fixed rudder behaviour at low speeds during control-rod locking;
- Fixed bug that caused deflectable trimmer position set on the ground to not save after test flight;
Weapons and modifications
- Fixed elevation angles for М4А2 Sherman tank from -12+25 degrees to -10+25 degrees. (According to Hunnicutt “Sherman. A History of the American Medium Tank” page 542);
- More detailed armouring model of the Pz.Kpfw IV ausf. H series, arrangement of protection now is after Trojca “Sd.Kfz.161 Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G-H-J [vol. 2]” page 15. Hull back – 20mm, side skirts 8mm, roof of the turret is separated on two zones with armouring of 95 and 30mm;
- 152mm cumulitive BP-540 shells for ISU-152 have been added;
- Blunt head AP BP-540B shells for ML-20S (SU-152, ISU-152) have been added. Default shell changed to pointed BR-540;
- Starting speed of the Pz.Gr.39 shell for 105mm KwK.46 cannon has been changed from 900 to 1005m/s (after “German Steel Armour Piercing Projectiles and the Theory of Penetration” page 30);
- Added a parameter that simulates anti-recoil and muzzle brake systems. It is more noticeable on light vehicles with powerful cannons (ZIS-30, GAZ with anti-air 72-K cannon etc.);
- Reduced arc of fire for ZIS-30, traverse angle to the left was decreased from 30 to 17 degrees so gun breech won’t go through model of the loader;
Missions and Maps
- Added two aviation missions in RB mode: [Operation] Kuban. Myshako and [Event] Attack on Pearl Harbor
- There is no longer line of sight between the central hill and the Northern respawn point in Arcade battles;
- Fixed some landscape collision bugs;
- Respawn points for tanks on Carpathians [RB and SB] was moved further away to increase battle zone size;
- Fixed bug on northern respawn points on Carpathians [AB]. Tanks should no longer spawn inside the rocks;
- Riverbed has been reworked so ground vehicles will not drown when entering the water;
- Added a pathway to the hilltop in the centre of the beach from the right respawn point;
- Centre capture point area has been slightly changed so the team from the left respawn point will have better protection;
- Added shell-hole textures to the existing shell-holes;
- Added sounds from recordings of the original Griffon engine for all the variants of the Spitfire fitted with Griffon.
- Improved firing sounds for Kw.K, Kw.K 36, Kw.K 37, Kw.K 38, Kw.K 39, Kw.K 40, Kw.K 42, 20-К, ZiS-4, ZiS-5, L-11, F-34 cannons.
- Added sounds for the Sh-37 cannon.
- New sounds for the MK-103 30mm cannon (both aircraft and anti-air variants).
Discuss on Forum